There’s much to admire about 25 Main Street, here are our favourite things:
• Quaint and characterful with rooms full of potential once upon a time a craft shop with living accommodation over and a store room and workshop to the rear, the property has long since been all residential (from 1995). The kitchen has been updated but the rest of the accommodation is now ready for a refurbishment with potential to link the annexe on the first floor (subject to consent). We’re looking for buyers with imagination, an extra budget for upgrading and more than likely experience of this type of project. If that sounds like you then read on…
• Period details on every floor the cottage is Grade II Listed and dates back to the 19th Century with many architectural details: beamed ceilings, sash windows, quaint staircases and a charming window seat in the first floor sitting room.
• A return on your investment – situated in the scenic Lune Valley and close to the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District National Parks as well as the Forest of Bowland and Arnside and Silverdale AONBs, the cottage would prove popular with holiday makers looking to embrace a holiday based in Kirkby Lonsdale with so much to see and do on the doorstep.
• Work from home? – the workshop could be upgraded to provide the ideal office. No long commute, just a short walk outside and up the steps!
• Outside space – there is a small courtyard to the rear, plenty of room for a table and chairs and a few pots.
• Storage – external stone steps lead to a cellar room, ideal for general storage, bikes etc . There is also an attic room.
• Location, location, location – Kirkby Lonsdale is buzzing, vibrant and loved by many with a great range of local facilities, independent shops and places to eat. Situated just off the central square you’re within walking distance of everything you need.
• Easy to get to – the A65 provides access for travel to the east and west and Junction 36 of the M6 is only 6 miles distan